[Pdns-users] stupid recursor question [SOLVED]

Kevin P. Fleming lists.pdns-users at kevin.km6g.us
Wed Dec 7 19:02:25 UTC 2022

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022, at 13:47, Curtis Maurand via Pdns-users wrote:

> I just added to the recursor.conf forward-zones=xyonet.com=192.168.100.30 and that worked.  I would now call this solved.

The most likely cause is that your router/firewall is not configured properly for 'hairpin NAT' and thus the recursor inside the NAT is not able to reach the auth server on its *public* address, only on its *private* address. Using forward-zone is a good solution for this, and for many other problems too.