[Pdns-users] Recursive Forwarders

Holmes, Timothy tholmes at holycross.edu
Wed Aug 24 18:09:11 UTC 2022

Hi Team,

I have what I hope is a simple question I'm unable to find a better answer
for. I would like to add some external forwarders to our recursor
instances. These are live running prod instances. I verified the live paths
and updated the recursor.config's to reflect

forward-zones-recurse=.=9.9.9.9;149.112.112.112;1.1.1.2;1.0.0.2
and also tried forward-zones-recurse=.=9.9.9.9

Each time pushed a restart and verified. Each time the root name hints seem
to still be the default behavior including after removing the referenced
root hint file entry.

sudo service pdns-recursor restart
sudo service pdns-recursor status

Am I missing something obvious, or will the root hints always take
precedence?

Thanks, Tim
--

[image: College of the Holy Cross Logo]