[Pdns-users] (pdns 4.3.0 version) support for RFC2317

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Wed Aug 17 06:51:41 UTC 2022

On 17/08/2022 00:27, Xandro Gavino via Pdns-users wrote:
> I just would like to confirm if the PowerDNS Authoritative Server
> (pdns 4.3.0 version) support the RFC2317.

pdns 4.3.0 doesn't support anything, because it's end-of-life and
unsupported:

https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/appendices/EOL.html

(unless you have a commercial support agreement, in which case you
wouldn't be asking here).

However, RFC2317 is classless in-addr delegation, which is only a
convention for how you build reverse zones containing CNAME records
pointing to PTR records in another zone.  In other words, it's not a
feature of the server at all: it's a way of choosing what data to
populate it with.