[Pdns-users] Install stable release on Alma/RockyLinux 9

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Aug 11 11:50:52 UTC 2022

So don’t use the 4.6.2 pdns in EPEL?

Thanks,
-Drew

From: frank at tembo.be <frank at tembo.be>
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2022 3:03 AM
To: Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com>
Cc: pdns-users-ml <pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com>
Subject: Re: [Pdns-users] Install stable release on Alma/RockyLinux 9

Hi Drew,

I would recommend to use the PowerDNS "official" ones, not the distribution "official" ones.

The PowerDNS ones are very well maintained, guaranteed to have all the security fixes, and packages are available as soon as there's a release.

That being said, RHEL 9 and derivates is pretty newly supported and only master branch releases are available.

Frank