[Pdns-users] PDNS Slave - While checking domain freshness

Ronny Wagner r.wagner at licoho.de
Wed Apr 13 09:43:49 UTC 2022

Debian: Buster
Version: PowerDNS Authoritative Server 4.5.4 (C) 2001-2022 PowerDNS.COM BV

Config:
autosecondary=yes
daemon=yes
guardian=yes
include-dir=/etc/powerdns/pdns.d
launch=
local-address=<IPv4>, <localhost>, <IPv6>
log-dns-details=yes
log-dns-queries=yes
log-timestamp=yes
query-local-address=<IPv4>, <localhost>, <IPv6>
resolver=127.0.0.2
secondary=yes
secondary-do-renotify=yes
security-poll-suffix=
setgid=pdns
setuid=pdns
version-string=anonymous
xfr-cycle-interval=120

Message:
pdns_server[1811397]: While checking domain freshness: While attempting to query freshness of 'example.com': Unable to ask query of '<IP from supermaster>:53': Invalid argument
pdns_server[1811397]: Unable to retrieve SOA for example.com, this was the first time. NOTE: For every subsequent failed SOA check the domain will be suspended from freshness checks for 'num-errors x 60 seconds', with a maximum of 3600 seconds. Skipping SOA checks until 1649841117

Hello,

i use a master/slave system with gmysql. On my slave 1 i see the message with invalid argument and the problem with SOA.
I see the SOA entry in sql. I can ping my supermaster or make a test telnet to port 53.

Have anyone a idea? Is there any fail in my config?

Thank you very much.

Ronny