[Pdns-users] error which prevented lookup Out of range exception

Oliver Dzombic info at layer7.net
Thu Sep 30 16:39:40 UTC 2021

Hi,

lookups ending in

Sep 30 14:26:55 Backend reported permanent error which prevented lookup
(Out of range exception parsing ns3.cloud-interactive.de
info at cloud-interactive.de 2021093000), aborting

Sep 30 14:26:55 Backend reported permanent error which prevented lookup
(Out of range exception parsing ns3.cloud-interactive.de
info at cloud-interactive.de 2021093000), aborting

Sep 30 14:26:55 Backend error: Out of range exception parsing
ns3.cloud-interactive.de info at cloud-interactive.de 2021093000

Via

https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/10781

Peter van Dijk kindly told me that this might be associated with a bad
SOA record.

I tried out different combinations, but somehow nothing lead to success.

Its about the 4.4 Version of powerDNS.

In 4.3 Versions this SOA record worked:

ns3.isp4p.net hostmaster at isp4p.net 2006040100

Now with a new server

ns3.cloud-interactive.de info at cloud-interactive.de 2021093000

or

ns3.cloud-interactive.de 2021093000

or

ns3.cloud-interactive.de

nor other combinations do not work.

So what exactly would work ?

Can anyone give an example ? I was not able to find a documentation on
the website that would give an example for the 4.4 Version.

Thank you!

Greetings
Oliver

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Oliver Dzombic
Layer7 Networks

mailto:info at layer7.net

Anschrift: