[Pdns-users] dnsdist 1.6.1 released

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Wed Sep 15 09:09:03 UTC 2021

Hello!

We are happy to release dnsdist 1.6.1 today, a maintenance release
fixing a few bugs reported since 1.6.0:

- Adding ECS failed for queries with records in the answer or additional
section (Dimitrios Mavrommatis)
- The transport was not properly set in dnstap and protobuf messages for
DoH queries
- The outstanding queries counter was not properly reset when some TCP
I/O errors occurred
- The ability to load a new certificate on a DoH frontend was missing
- A missing header could have caused a compilation issue on some platforms

As usual there were also other smaller enhancements and fixes, please
see the dnsdist website [1] for the more complete changelog [2] and the
current documentation.

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing
list, or in case of a bug, via GitHub [3].

We are grateful to the PowerDNS community for the reporting of bugs,
issues, feature requests, and especially to the submitters of fixes and
implementations of features.

The release tarball [4] (signature [5]) is available on the downloads
website, and packages for CentOS 7 and 8, Debian Buster and Bullseye,
and Ubuntu Bionic and Focal are available from our repository [6].

[1]: https://dnsdist.org
[2]: https://dnsdist.org/changelog.html#change-1.6.1
[3]: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/new/choose
[4]: