[Pdns-users] gmysql deadlock

Thomas thomas at plant.systems
Wed Nov 24 09:38:58 UTC 2021

Hello.

We are running pdns-4.5.1-1pdns.el8.x86_64 with MariaDB-server-10.4.21
as backend. I am seeing regular messages in our pdns 4.5.2 regarding
deadlocks in MySQL.

Exception: GSQLBackend unable to nullify ordername and update auth for
ovpn.spotsystem.net for domain_id 17651: Could not execute mysql
statement: update records set ordername=NULL,auth=? where domain_id=?
and name=? and disabled=0: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try
restarting transaction

I have found the following bug report on Github:
https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/8663
In the thread above is mentioned that setting|"default-api-rectify = no"
resolves the deadlock if I did understand correctly.

What does 'api-rectify' do? And is it save to disable?

Thanks,
Thomas