[Pdns-users] Zone to Cache: url method support in powerdns repo package

Christoph cm at appliedprivacy.net
Wed Nov 10 22:31:53 UTC 2021

>>> Thanks for the report, will fix soon.
>>
>> Can you try http instead of https? I think the libcurl used for the
>> build is libcurl-dev, while only libcurl4-openssl-dev has https support.
>
> Never mind, it was a configure thing. Next beta will have this fixed.

I was thinking about creating a molecule scenario for it on your nice
recursor ansible repo so I don't have to use our environment for
testing, but you figured it already.

two more questions about this new feature:
Does it validate zone content just as it would validate all
enabled)

Since some tlds publicly document their axfr support
we would like to use it to feed our caches for performance and privacy
reasons.
Therefore it would be nice to be able to specify the server by name and
not by IP address. Is this also something you would consider?
(currently the documentation only mentions IP address as a possible source)

thanks for your responsiveness!
Christoph