[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Recursor 4.4.7. and 4.5.7 released

Otto Moerbeek otto.moerbeek at open-xchange.com
Fri Nov 5 10:26:13 UTC 2021

Hello!,

   We are proud to announce the release of PowerDNS Recursor 4.4.7. and
   4.5.7.

   Both releases are maintenance releases correcting an issue where a DS
   record with a SHA-256 digest could be ignored if a DS record with
   SHA-384 digest is also present. The 4.5.7 release also contains a fix
   for the issue where an incorrect appliedPolicyTrigger value is set on
   some RPZ hits.

   Please refer to the change logs for the 4.4.7[1] and 4.5.7[2] releases
   for additional details.

   Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing
   list[3], or in case of a bug, via GitHub[4].

   The tarballs (4.4.7[5], 4.5.7[6]) and signatures (4.4.7[7], 4.5.7[8])
   are available from our download server[9] and packages for several
   distributions are available from our repository[10].

   The 4.2.x release is EOL and the 4.3.x and 4.4.x releases are in
   critical fixes only mode. Consult the EOL policy[11] for more details.

   We would also like to repeat that starting with the 4.5 release branch
   we will stop supporting systems using 32-bit time. This includes most
   32-bit Linux platforms.

   We are grateful to the PowerDNS community for the reporting of bugs,
   issues, feature requests, and especially to the submitters of fixes and
   implementations of features.

-Otto and the PowerDNS Team

References

   1. https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/changelog/4.4.html#change-4.4.7
   2. https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/changelog/4.5.html#change-4.5.7
   4. https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/new/choose
   5. https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.4.7.tar.bz2
   6. https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.5.7.tar.bz2
   7. https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.4.7.tar.bz2.sig
   8. https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.5.7.tar.bz2.sig
   9. https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/
  10. https://repo.powerdns.com/
  11. https://docs.powerdns.com/recursor/appendices/EOL.html

--

kind regards,
Otto Moerbeek

Email: otto.moerbeek at open-xchange.com

Open-Xchange AG, Hohenzollernring 72, 50672 Cologne, District Court Cologne HRB 95366
Managing Board: Andreas Gauger, Carsten Dirks, Dirk Valbert, Frank Hoberg, Stephan Martin
Chairman of the Board: Richard Seibt

PowerDNS.COM BV, Koninginnegracht 14L, 2514 AA Den Haag, The Netherlands
Managing Director: Robert Brandt, Carsten Dirks