[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Recursor 4.5.1 Released

Eric Beck ericbeck at cadns.ca
Wed May 12 13:53:49 UTC 2021

Good morning,

re: upgrades CentOS 7 yum always saves the new .conf file as
.conf.rpmnew which leaves the existing .conf in place.

re: upgrade recursor 4.4.3 - 4.5.1
I have encountered issues in the past when there have been changes to
variables in the .conf file for either the auth or recursor server in a
new release.  I've read the upgrade notes, but I'm just asking if
applying the upgrade straight up with no changes to the existing .conf
file, would result in a start failure because one of those variables was
not present or set?  Just asking to ward off any head-scratching moments
upon upgrade.

Thanks for any tips.

Eric