[Pdns-users] DNS Forwarding on Master/Slave Servers

Steven Garner stevenjgarner at gmail.com
Sat May 8 13:54:28 UTC 2021

Thank you for your continued support and patience.  That did it:

Followed the installation steps, and then:
=> Job for pdns.service failed because the control process exited with
error code.
=> journalctl -xe:  Unable to open
/etc/powerdns/pdns.d/pdns.local.gmysql.conf
=> chmod 666 /etc/powerdns/pdns.d/pdns.local.gmysql.conf
(ref: https://www.gitmemory.com/issue/PowerDNS/pdns/8333/533900554)
=> systemctl stop pdns.service
=> systemctl start pdns.service
=> systemctl status pdns.service => Active: active (running)
# pdns_control version
4.4.1

I now have 3 more up to date versions of PDNS running.  Many thanks.

What is the best practice for keeping PDNS up to date?  (apt update && apt
-y upgrade ? or does the fact that I have the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pdns.list
and /etc/apt/preferences.d/pdns files set to version 4.4.X keep it
constrained to that version?)

Steve\Garner
+1 302 364 0325 (USA)
stevenjgarner at gmail.com