[Pdns-users] Ask for upgrade pdns authoritative from 4.1.3 to 4.4.1

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Fri Mar 26 12:09:11 UTC 2021

On 26/03/2021 11:59, Wafa BEN KHOUD via Pdns-users wrote:
> Please, can you describe me how upgrade pdns authoritative from 4.1.3
> to 4.4.1?

1. Read the release notes for the intervening major versions, in
particular check for "Removed Features" to see if anything that you
depend on will break.

https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/changelog/4.2.html#change-4.2.0
https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/changelog/4.3.html#change-4.3.0
https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/changelog/4.4.html#change-4.4.0

(I would not expect you to be affected: the removal of recursion was in
4.1.0, so you are fine there)

2. Install it in a test environment before you change your production
server.

The upgrade itself is simple:

3. Install the new package
4. Restart the server