[Pdns-users] Recursor address in Dnstap messages

Otto Moerbeek otto at drijf.net
Tue Mar 23 07:20:22 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 07:56:07AM +0100, Hans Seidel via Pdns-users wrote:

> unfortunately, the identify field does not work since it just contains the
> string "DNS". I will probably file a feature request via github as next
> step.

The recursor fills in the value of server-id, which can be set in
recursor.conf:
https://docs.powerdns.com/recursor/settings.html#server-id

You could use DNS1, DNS2, ... to distinguish the recursors in he dnstap
messages.

Feature request PR rregarding query-address still appreciated. Though
I'm not sure if it is simple, the value is not immediately available
in the spot where it is needed for dnstap logging.

	-Otto