[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Active - Passive Mode

Thomas Mieslinger miesi at mail.com
Wed Jun 16 08:42:21 UTC 2021

Indeed, which business need do you need to solve with this
active-passive HA?

I have sort of a active-passive HA for my HA customer slave DNS Servers.
One Server announces the service IP with local preference 900, the other
with 901. All traffic is sent by the network routers to the Server
announcing the highest local pref.

I just have to make sure that only one Server does maintenance and then
all notifies and axfrs will work.

Cheers

Thomas