[Pdns-users] AXFR Zone Transfer Problem

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Fri Jan 8 16:35:16 UTC 2021

On 08/01/2021 16:22, Ralph via Pdns-users wrote:
> I configured PowerDNS Auth and recursor on one vm. Everything works
> fine - recursion, authoritative zone etc

How? Bound to different ports I am guessing?

> I think the problem is the pdns recursor which is configured in front
> of the construct and forward every query.

That won't work.  The slave needs to contact the master - it cannot
contact a recursor.

You could configure the slave to contact the master directly on its
non-standard port (e.g. x.x.x.x:5300).

Better would be to bind the authoritative server to a different IP
address, or run it in its own VM.  Another option, if the slaves are
also pdns, is to use a database backend with native database replication.

HTH,

Brian.