[Pdns-users] MIND repository is being phased out

Kees Monshouwer keesm at monshouwer.eu
Mon Jan 4 11:49:44 UTC 2021

Hi,

after maintaining the MIND PowerDNS repository for over a decade I have
decided it is now time to stop doing so. I realize many people (and
there systems) currently rely on my repository, so this is what is going
to happen:

  * The .repo files are removed from the website to prevent new users
    from using the repository.
  * The repository will no longer receive new major and minor
    authoritative server and recursor versions.
  * All the versions currently present in the repository will receive
    updates until they are eol. See
    https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/appendices/EOL.html and
    https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/appendices/EOL.html for details.
  * Once the last version is eol the repository will shut down.

For the authoritative server the most recent version in the repository
is 4.3.x, eol ~October 2021
For the recursor the most recent version in the repository is 4.4.x, eol
~April 2022

I recommend everyone who is using the MIND repository to migrate over
time to the excellent PowerDNS repositories https://repo.powerdns.com/

Kind regards,

Kees Monshouwer (mind04)
Certified PowerDNS Consultant