[Pdns-users] Fatal Error: Trying to set unknown parameter 'ldap-authmethod'

Dario García Díaz-Miguel dgdiaz at gmv.com
Thu Feb 18 14:18:21 UTC 2021

Hi,

I've deployed today pdns for the first time and I found an issue I don't know how to solve, so I write over here to claim for some help.
When I configure the ldap backend as shown below:

launch=ldap
ldap-host=ldaps://example.example.com
ldap-binddn=cn=Administrator,dc=gcc1,dc=kmf,dc=com
ldap-secret=secret
ldap-basedn=ou=Hosts,dc=example,dc=com
ldap-method=strict

It works flawlessly.

But If I try to use gssapi according to the pdns documentation...
launch=ldap
ldap-host=ldaps://example.example.com
ldap-authmethod=gssapi
ldap-krb5-keytab=/etc/pdns.keytab
ldap-basedn=ou=Hosts,dc=example,dc=com
ldap-method=strict

I get the following error trying to start the service:

      Fatal Error: Trying to set unknown parameter 'ldap-authmethod'

According to the official Documentation:
"""ldap-authmethod
(default: "simple") : How to authenticate to the LDAP server. Actually only two methods are supported: "simple", which uses the classical DN / password, or "gssapi", which requires a Kerberos keytab. """

The keytab exists and has pdns permissions for pdns user.
The principal exists and is the only key stored on that keytab.

I've deployed the last SUSE 15 official repository version:

- pdns-4.3.1-bp152.2.5.1.x86_64.rpm
- pdns-backend-ldap-4.3.1-bp152.2.5.1.x86_64.rpm
- pdns-common-4.0-bp152.3.16.noarch.rpm

It seems that this property does not exists for this pdns version, but I think that gssapi support was added for the 4.1 version which is previous than this.
Some help would be really appreciated.

Thank you so much.
Kind Regards.