[Pdns-users] Preference of RPZ over cache

Jahanzeb Arshad jahanzeb at nayatel.com
Fri Dec 24 10:27:34 UTC 2021

Seasons Greetings to Everyone,

I am testing filtering of domains using RPZ. I am currently using
Recursor V4.6.0. I have been able to successfully test the blocking via
RPZ. One problem I am facing is that if the domain is already in cache
then the I get the response from cache, until I wipe the domain from
cache. Is there any way to configure preference of loaded RPZ before
checking cache. Currently have following in my recursor.lua file:

rpzPrimary("172.16.177.83", "rpz.domain.com", {refresh=300,
dumpFile="/var/lib/powerdns/rpz.domain.com",
seedFile="/var/lib/powerdns/rpz.domain.com"})

--
Regards
Jahanzeb Arshad