[Pdns-users] Status of dnsdist 1.6.1

Chris Wopat me at falz.net
Fri Aug 27 17:40:18 UTC 2021

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 12:13 PM labs--- via Pdns-users
<pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com> wrote:

> Hi Remi,
>
> Am 27.08.21 um 17:47 schrieb Remi Gacogne via Pdns-users:
> > These packages, while technically not a released version, are
> > currently 1.6.0 plus three fixes [3][4][5], so it should be pretty
> > safe to run in production.
> >
> > [1]: https://downloads.powerdns.com/autobuilt_browser/#/dnsdist/
> > [2]:
> > https://downloads.powerdns.com/autobuilt_browser/#/dnsdist/1.6.0.38.master.ge218c1e58
> > [3]: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/pull/10438
> > [4]: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/pull/10538
> > [5]: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/pull/10619
> >
> > Hope that helps,
>
> yes, that helps a lot. I was unaware of these builds. Very good to know!

FWIW we've been running this nightly build of 1.6 in production
because of this reason for a month or so and it's been fine, glad to
hear a standard release is slated to come out soon with this fix.

One word of warning, the centos packages are built 'improperly' in
that they appear 'older' than the standard system level 1.6.0 - ie if
you update your packages it will wipe out the technically newer
nightly build with the older release.

I believe a bug was opened for this, it has to do with the package
name ordering. So just be wary when upgrading.

--Chris