[Pdns-users] bind backend zones not registered with zone cache

Christof Meerwald cmeerw at cmeerw.org
Sun Aug 1 20:03:27 UTC 2021

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 16:32:06 +0200, Peter van Dijk via Pdns-users wrote:
> Hello Christof,
>
> On Tue, 2021-07-27 at 19:21 +0200, Christof Meerwald via Pdns-users
> wrote:
>> After adding a zone with
>>
>>   pdns bind-add-zone example.com /etc/dns/example.com.dns
>>
>> I could query that zone.
>>
>> To me it seems there really is a call to "g_zoneCache.add" missing for
>> those zones added from the "bind-config" file. Can anyone confirm
>> that?
>
> The zones loaded from your config should be available because pdns
> calls `Bind2Backend::getAllDomains` during startup, and this works for
> me here.

So the problem only seems to occur when also launching the gsqlite3
backend in addition to the bind backend. I am mainly using the bind
backend for the zone data and gsqlite3 for DNSSEC.

> Can you share your config?

config-dir=/etc/powerdns/test
daemon=yes
disable-axfr=no
distributor-threads=2
guardian=no
launch=bind,gsqlite3
bind-config=/etc/named.conf
local-port=5300
primary=yes
send-signed-notify=no
setgid=pdns
setuid=pdns
secondary=no
xfr-cycle-interval=180
secondary-do-renotify=no
socket-dir=/tmp/pdns
version-string=powerdns
security-poll-suffix=

bind-hybrid

gsqlite3-database=/var/lib/powerdns/pdns.db
gsqlite3-dnssec

Christof

https://cmeerw.org                             sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org                   xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org