[Pdns-users] [E] Re: Powerdns on AWS Instances

Frank Louwers frank+pdns at tembo.be
Wed Apr 28 08:22:33 UTC 2021

While this will indeed work, please note that using dnsdist.org has huge advantages: a simple (dns-unaware) LB will LB the request, either round-robin or in a least-outstanding manner.

A dns-aware LB (such as dnsdist) will do this much more intelligently, which results in higher cache ration and improved performance. It will also enable you to do other things, like send suspicious queries to a specific instance, perform logging etc...

Kind Regards,

Frank