[Pdns-users] Upgrade path

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Thu Apr 15 11:05:03 UTC 2021

Hello Larry,

On Wed, 2021-04-14 at 21:13 +0200, Larry Wapnitsky via Pdns-users
wrote:
> I'm currently on 4.2 from the Ubuntu repos, and am looking to upgrade to
> 4.5 so I can get the Prometheus metrics. I've run the upgrade in my lab
> today and, after some db troubles, got pdns up and running. I'm curious,
> though, if this was the proper upgrade path, as this seems to have broken
> powerdns admin.
>
> Advice on the proper upgrade path is welcome.

Very good that you did it in a lab first!

The proper upgrade path is to read everything at
https://docs.powerdns.com/authoritative/upgrading.html from 4.2 to 4.5,
and see what applies to you.

You say you had database troubles - anything not covered in that
document? If so, perhaps we can improve the text.

As for powerdns admin, I have no experience with it; other readers
might, so perhaps you can share more details about in what way it is
broken.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk