[Pdns-users] How to set up pdns recursor to repeat the query if it does not get an answer

Winfried Angele abang at t-ipnet.net
Fri Sep 18 15:42:30 UTC 2020

Hi Mira,

I think if a Resolver retries on possibly overloaded or attacked authoritative DNS servers, it gets even worse for them. So I'd recommend to try to contact the people in charge for that domain and try to convince them to solve the problem on their side. And again, the Recursor tries on each Nameservers address listed in the NS RRset. So it does retries, but not on the same address. That means, in your case, all DNS servers of that domain are overloaded or broken or attacked.

Winfried