[Pdns-users] Error after upgrade

Gert van Dijk gertvdijk+pdns-users at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 16:21:37 UTC 2020

Hi Jorge,

Could you please post the output of "show create table records \G" [1] as a
MySQL query on that database? It should print the schema for the 'records'
table as you have it there right now without any contents.

If that output does *not* include the character set latin1 on the table,
then the following may be helpful.

According to my git-blame'ing skills, the character set change was done in
4.1. [2] [3]
I believe your error can be explained by not having performed the right
schema migration or the ignorance of some error was supposed to warn you
for exactly this issue.

You could repeat that ALTER TABLE statement manually and try to reproduce
the error.
If that works, perhaps check all other details of all tables too, to verify
whether not additional migration steps have been omitted for some reason.

HTH

Gert

[1]: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/show-create-table.html
[2]: