[Pdns-users] Fallback to recursor if authoritative fails

Saad Ismail saad3112 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 09:07:03 UTC 2020

Hi Nico,

Thank you for your response.

I am indeed following
https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/guides/recursion.html but stuck with
the fact that recursor requires forward-zones to be explicitly defined in
the recursor configuration file or in forward-zones-file.

Is there any way to automate the process such that all zones from pdns
server are forwarded to pdns server from recursor? I can hack a script to
poll changes in zones from MySQL backend and update forward-zones-file
accordingly but I believe that this might be built-in functionality somehow
because of the major use-case.
Sincerely,
Saad Ismail