[Pdns-users] Fallback to recursor if authoritative fails

Saad Ismail saad3112 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 03:17:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

My use case is such that I have some local as well as TLD domains inside
the authoritative server but I would also like to use a recursor so that
local clients can send queries for let's say google.com.

Is there a way to do this in such a way that I do not have to hard-code
forward zones from recursor to authoritative server like on this page:
https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/guides/recursion.html#id4

>From what I understand, this used to be possible out of the box before
4.1.0. How can we achieve this now?

Sincerely,