[Pdns-users] 4.2 to 4.3 Authoritative Upgrade path

Giovanni Vecchi g.vecchi at certego.net
Tue Mar 17 12:03:14 UTC 2020

Hi Pieter,

I can understand that the schema upgrade is needed for a new DNSSEC
feature: in our scenario DNSSES is unused, so I'm quite confident that your
suggestion will work.

Thanks a lot

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 at 12:48, Pieter Lexis via Pdns-users <
pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com> wrote:

> Hi Giovanni,
>
> On 3/17/20 12:15 PM, Giovanni Vecchi via Pdns-users wrote:
> > thanks for your quick reply.
> > If 4.2 queries do not ask for that field, I can't figure out what could
> > go wrong, isn't it?
> > Otherwise, what's the best upgrade path for this scenario? May I need to
> > stop every powerdns instance -> upgrade database schema -> upgrade every
> > powerdns instances -> start powerdns instances?
>
> I don't know the exact infrastructure you're running on, so please do
> test this suggestion.
>
> I think you can get away with
>
> 1. Upgrade database schema
> 2. Upgrade instances one by one
>
> Best regards,
>
> Piter
>
> --
> Pieter Lexis
> PowerDNS.COM BV -- https://www.powerdns.com

 <http://www.certego.net/>
Giovanni Vecchi
Infrastructure Lead Engineer, Certego
+39-059-7353333
 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/certego>
<http://twitter.com/Certego_IRT>  <http://github.com/certego>
<http://www.youtube.com/CERTEGOsrl>
<http://plus.google.com/117641917176532015312>
Use of the information within this document constitutes acceptance for
use in an "as is" condition. There are no warranties with regard to
this information; Certego has verified the data as thoroughly as
possible. Any use of this information lies within the user's
responsibility. In no event shall Certego be liable for any
consequences or damages, including direct, indirect, incidental,
consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, arising
out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.