[Pdns-users] Log written in multiple files

Thomas Mieslinger miesi at mail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:03:02 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have tried a long time to get it working with rsyslog etc.

But finally I have moved on to journald. Now I have readable, per pdns
instance logfiles.

so start pdns with --disable-syslog

add
log-timestamp=no
to pdns.conf

gives you readable logs per pdns instance you can easily read using
journalctl -fu pdns at instance.

You can then ship the journald to your central syslog server.

Best

Thomas