[Pdns-users] How can I enforce additional TXT records in DNS response?

Steve Shipway steve.shipway at smxemail.com
Wed Jan 15 20:22:43 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-01-15 at 19:23 +0100, Matthias Kruzenski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to use PowerDNS to answer NAPTR queries through the pipe
> backend. This works, but if an additional TXT record is returned from
> the pipe backend, it is not passed on to the client.
>
> I want PowerDNS to send exactly the records to the client that the
> pipe backend produced. Nothing should be left out.

This sounds to me a lot like "I want to avoid the DNS-poisoning protection in pdns, or to take advantage of clients without them".   Any decent client will drop unsolicited records due to the risk of DNS poisoning, so there's no real reason to send them.  There's a good reason this for this behaviour.

Steve

--
Steve Shipway | Senior Email Systems Administrator
Phone: +64 9 302 0515 Fax: +64 9 302 0518

This email has been filtered by SMX. For more info visit http://smxemail.com