[Pdns-users] recursor is giving conflicting results for /etc/hosts entries

Mike mike+lists at yourtownonline.com
Sat Jan 4 17:39:52 UTC 2020

I hate replying to my own message, but...

    The culprit was 'dnssec=validate'. Stupid me. Recursor is doing what
I told it to do, and there's no way for it dnssec validate etc/hosts
supplied entries.

    There still is the open question why it seems the first query would
be responded to with the data in question, perhaps that is some other
network issue (we anycast our resolvers).

    The next question would be - is there any way to specify 'dont
dnssec validate entries loaded from etc/hosts', or perhaps this would be
a job better suited to a lua script (which I am not up to speed on)?

    Comments appreciated.

Mike-