[Pdns-users] First Beta Release of PowerDNS Recursor 4.4.0

Otto Moerbeek otto.moerbeek at open-xchange.com
Mon Aug 31 12:26:10 UTC 2020

Hello!,

We are proud to announce the first beta release of what should become
PowerDNS Recursor 4.4.0.

Compared to the last alpha release, this release contains new features
with respect to RPZ processing (in particular chasing of CNAMES from
an RPZ and better logging of RPZ hit information in protobuf, Lua
bindings and the trace log) and improved ability to use a local
root-zone.

Please refer to the changelog[1] for additional details.

The tarball[2] (signature[3]) is available at the download site[4] and
packages for CentOS 6, 7 and 8, Debian Stretch and Buster, Ubuntu
Xenial, Bionic and Focal are available from our repository[5].

We would like to thank all contributors (in particular Josh Soref and
phonedph1) for their efforts in creating this release.

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing
list[6], or in case of a bug, via GitHub[7].

[1] https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/changelog/4.4.html#change-4.4.0-beta1
[2] https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.4.0-beta1.tar.bz2
[3] https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.4.0-beta1.tar.bz2.sig
[4] https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/