[Pdns-users] First Alpha Release of PowerDNS Recursor 4.4.0
otto.moerbeek at open-xchange.com
Wed Apr 22 13:26:35 UTC 2020
We are proud to announce the first alpha release of what should become
PowerDNS Recursor 4.4.0.
This release contains various bug fixes, improvements and new
features. The most important new features are
* Native DNS64 support, without the need to use Lua.
* The ability to add custom tags to RPZ hits.
* To allow more efficient use, the record cache is now shared between
* A routing tag can be added in Lua code, which will be used as an
additional record cache key instead of of an EDNS subnet mask,
enabling for a more simple record cache structure which will enhance
query processing where the EDNS subnet mask is relevant.
* The Proxy Protocol version 2 has been implemented to allow for a
structured exchange of information between a client (typically
dnsdist) and the Recursor. See the documentation
Please refer to the changelog for additional details.
The tarball (signature) is available at  and packages for
CentOS 6, 7 and 8, Debian Stretch and Buster, Ubuntu Xenial and Bionic
are available from our repository.
Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing
list, or in case of a bug, via GitHub.
Senior PowerDNS Developer
Email: otto.moerbeek at open-xchange.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Pdns-users