[Pdns-users] First release candidate for dnsdist 1.5.0

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Thu Apr 16 14:18:28 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

We are very happy to announce the first release candidate of dnsdist
1.5.0. 1.5.0 contains several new exciting features and a few breaking
changes since 1.4.0 that were detailed in the announcement of alpha1
[1]. If you upgrade from 1.4.0, please see the upgrade guide [2] for
more information.

This new release candidate has very few changes since alpha1:

- a compilation issue on OpenBSD was fixed (8955) ;
- the Lua binding for SuffixMatchNode::remove was added (8956) ;
- a regression introduced in 1.4.0 for DNSCrypt users was fixed (8974,
8976), with our thanks to Frank Denis for reporting the issue and
suggesting ways to fix it ;
dropped ;
- an option to control the size of the TCP listen queue was added (8994).

We want to once again thank everyone that contributed to the testing of
alpha1!

Please see the dnsdist website [3] for the more complete changelog [4]
and the current documentation.

Release tarballs are available on the downloads website [5].

Several packages are also available in our repository [6]. Please be
aware that we have enabled a few additional features in our packages,
like DNS over HTTPS, DNS over TLS and DNSTAP support, on distributions
where the required dependencies were available.

[1]: https://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/dnsdist/2020-March/000799.html
[2]: https://dnsdist.org/upgrade_guide.html#to-1-5-x
[3]: https://dnsdist.org
[4]: https://dnsdist.org/changelog.html#change-1.5.0rc1