[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Authoritative 4.2.2 Released

Klaus Darilion klaus.darilion at nic.at
Thu Apr 9 11:14:46 UTC 2020

The upgrade not states: "...You could accomplish that by deleting all records in the zone with an SQL query and waiting for a fresh transfer,..."

It shocks me that you suggest a solution which causes interupptions of DNS service for that zone, until the zone is retransfered. Your second workaround "..or (1) disabling IXFR (2) forcing a fresh transfer using pdns_control retrieve example.com (3) enabling IXFR again.." is much better and only a bit more work.

regards
Klaus