[Pdns-users] superslave serial ahead of master

Vitali Quiering vitali at quiering.com
Thu Apr 2 21:21:52 UTC 2020

Hello,

we are using a PowerDNS Authoritative master together with two superslaves. Clients only query the slaves through a PowerDNS Recursor so they are not aware of the master. The master is not part of the autoritative nameserver set in any of the zones.

I just found this issue that the superslaves serials are always one ahead of the master.

I just updated a zone on the master to 2020040202, both slaves serve serial 2020040203 now.

Master and slaves are running version 4.2.0.

Is this even an issue or as intended?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Vitali