[Pdns-users] Using setRules() in dnsdist

Steve Shipway steve.shipway at smxemail.com
Wed Sep 25 01:26:09 UTC 2019

Hi all;

I am having problems successfully using the setRules() function in
dnsdist; probably I have incorrect syntax but the documentation is no
help.  The documentation I have appears to suggest I pass the function
an array of rule structures generated by newRuleAction() but it does
not give an example.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this:

>   setRules({ newRuleAction( AllRule(), NoneAction() ) } )

I would expect this to replace all existing rules with a single noop
rule affecting all packets, but instead I get a Lua error 'unable to
convert parameter from table to St6vectorI17DNSDistRuleActionSaIS0_EE'

The purpose of this is to be able to update all the rules in one atomic
operation, rather than to call clearRules() and then addAction() for
each new rule.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Steve

--
Steve Shipway | Senior Email Systems Administrator
Phone: +64 9 302 0515 Fax: +64 9 302 0518

This email has been filtered by SMX. For more info visit http://smxemail.com