[Pdns-users] DNSdist cache question

Pedro David Marco pedrod_marco at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 08:47:24 UTC 2019

 Hi Remi...
thanks a lot... you are right... i was testing against a domain with ridiculous TTLS...
Thanks again!
Pedro.

    On Wednesday, September 18, 2019, 10:27:39 AM GMT+2, Remi Gacogne <remi.gacogne at powerdns.com> wrote:

 Hi,

On 9/17/19 8:38 PM, Pedro David Marco via Pdns-users wrote:
> i am new with DNSdist and it works like a charm... what a great software!
>
> i have a doubt about its cache:
>
> I have set parameters newPacketCache with 86400, 0, 60,  60, true
>
> The cache seems to work OK but it seems TTL is only some seconds. After
> this time, it seems a query about a host that some seconds ago was in
> the cache is "asked to the Internet" insted to the cache.
>
> Any idea why?

It's hard to tell what's going on without observing the actual query and
answer, but please note that dnsdist only caps the existing TTL, so it
won't cache an answer for longer than the TTL returned by the backend.

Best regards,

Remi