[Pdns-users] Edit Queries gmysql

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Mon Sep 9 18:33:10 UTC 2019

On 09/09/2019 16:30, Shawn Augenstein wrote:
> ##################################
> #gmysql-launchname-queryname Override the default queries with custom
> parameters
>
> gmysql-launchname-queryname=SELECT
> content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,disabled,name,auth FROM records WHERE
> disabled=0 and type=? and name=? LIMIT 5 OFFSET 5
>

> Using the Basic Query as my template
> #################################
> # gmysql-basic-queryBasic query
> #
> # gmysql-basic-query=SELECT
> content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,disabled,name,auth FROM records WHERE
> disabled=0 and type=? and name=?

The only reference I can find to |gmysql-launchname-queryname| is here:
https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/wiki/gmysql-gpgsql-FAQ

I'm not an expert in this area, but I don't think there's any option
with that name: I think it means

     <gmysql-launchname>-<queryname>

That is, if you've specified --launch=gmysql when you start pdns (or
"launch+=gmysql" in pdns.conf), and you want to set the basic-query,
then the setting is "gmysql-basic-query"

There's a more explicit example in the main documentation:

https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/backends/generic-sql.html

which shows:

gmysql-basic-query=SELECT content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,disabled,name,auth FROM records WHERE disabled=0 and type=? and name=?

Does that help?