[Pdns-users] help on poweradmin

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Wed Oct 16 16:01:38 UTC 2019

On 16/10/2019 15:00, Elias Zerai wrote:
> Dear all, I can not register domain in poweradmin client after
> installation of pdns and poweradmin the error is :
> Error: You have invalid characters in your hostname.
> Error: ns1.insa.local failed - Invalid hostname.

Poweradmin isn't part of powerdns, so you are probably better off asking
there <https://www.poweradmin.org/mailinglists.html>. I suggest you
mention what version of poweradmin you are running, and what exactly you
were doing that triggered the error.

If you are running a current version of poweradmin, I think the test you
are hitting is here:

https://github.com/poweradmin/poweradmin/blob/master/inc/dns.inc.php#L348

You should be able to add some debugging to see exactly what's in
$hostname_label at that point.  Maybe there is a spurious space or
something.  The code says you can only have a-z, 0-9, hyphen and slash;
and by this point it has already been split on dot.

Anyway, poweradmin people should be able to help.