[Pdns-users] Log all zone changes

Wed Oct 2 19:09:21 UTC 2019

Am 27.09.2019 um 20:30 schrieb Vitali Quiering via Pdns-users:
> Hello,
>
> I just started using PowerDNS Authoritative Server recently and got to the point where I need all changes logged.
> Is there an option I missed?
> If there is none: How do you log your changes?

We have a web interface which writes all the changes it sent to the PDNS
API, also to a separate table in the database. This way we can show a
changelog to the customers.

Another option, with Postgresql, would be a trigger on the records table
which writes changes also to a dedicated history table.

Be aware, dependending on your use cases/customers, the changelog may
become huge.

Klaus