[Pdns-users] Best Front End admin for powerdns

Bjoern Franke bjo at schafweide.org
Mon Nov 4 15:26:00 UTC 2019

Hi,

> I've imported some zones from BIND-files via pdnsutil into the
> postgresql-backend and they appear in PowerDNS-Admin, so I assume it's
> no general problem with the API access.

The problem seems to be a real time-out from the API. Some further tests
lead to working and failing modifications via PowerDNS-Admin and curl.

So the question is: why does PowerDNS sometimes need 10-30sec for an
API-answer? It does not log backend connection issues which I would
assume as a possible cause.

Some more details:
- PowerDNS 4.2.0
- Debian 10
- PostgreSQL on another server as backend
- ~25 Zones, 3 of them a really used.

Regards
Bjoern