[Pdns-users] Master/Slaves in docker containers

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Wed May 29 04:24:45 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to get this to work:

I have one master pdns in a docker container with bridge networking on 1
server, plus a slave pdns, also in a docker container with bridge
networking on another server. On the master, I have a zone (until I get
it to work) configured as I would do with any other dns servers (SOA, NS
records (with the real IP of the master and slaves, as I need to reach
them from this "external" ip).

When I'm doing an update on the zone in the master, I see that, on the
slave server, that I'm receiving the NOTIFY, but coming from 172.17.0.1
(got from the docker bridge) but then, the slave tries to get either the
SOA on NS records for the zone....  at 172.17.0.1, which leads to
nothing, as this is a NAT.   How can I have the slave to unconditionally
request the master server (on its real IP) for this zone about the SOA
so this master/slave setup actually works?

On a different note, I'm not sure to undersand really how superserver
works (not sure my setup's working, anyway, as the logs on the slave
keep telling that:

Received NOTIFY for .......  from 172.17.0.1 for which we are not
authoritative. I would've expect the slave to configure automatically
from the master. Something must be missing on my setup...

Thanks,