[Pdns-users] Only REFUSED responses after upgrade.

Chris pdns at cbserviceslondon.com
Wed May 29 00:53:26 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-28 15:23, bert hubert wrote:
> On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 03:06:33PM -0400, Chris wrote:
>> This DNS server has been running on Debian 7 Wheezy for years without
>> issue.
>> Debian 7.11 packaged PowerDNS 2.9.22.
>
> Since 2.9.22 PowerDNS has changed a lot. Run pdnsutil check-zone on
> your
> zones. You are likely missing SOA records, or have defective ones,
> which
> makes modern PowerDNS conclude the whole zone isn't there, leading to a
> 'Refused'.
>
> Good luck!
>
> 	Bert

Hmmm. You're right.  I get:

[error] No SOA record present, or active, in zone 'remote.local'.

I have an SOA record, but I obviously have something wrong with it.

I'm using the PowerAdmin web interface, and in the hostmaster email
address it's replacing the @ with a .
Could that have something to do with it?

Chris