[Pdns-users] pdns-recursor delegate some queries to another recursor

Tobi <jahlives@gmx.ch> jahlives at gmx.ch
Tue May 21 10:06:48 UTC 2019

Hi Frank

fully agree that this is very very very ugly. We never considered this a
"longterm" solution but just as a temporary fix until the problem is
solved upstream.

> I managed an MSP for more than 15 years, we moved a lot of email as
> well, so I feel your pain.

then you know its very hard to explain a customer why a certain sender
could not send him mail although the same mail arrives on his private
account with a big ESP. Or explain him why we cannot deliver his mail to
the recpient although when he sends from his ESP all works well :-)

Thanks a lot for your detailed answer. We thought about iptables too,
but hoped that there is a pdns/dnsdist-only solution. Using iptables
makes that very ugly idea even worse ;-)

Have a good one

--

tobi