[Pdns-users] pdns-recursor delegate some queries to another recursor

Tobi <jahlives@gmx.ch> jahlives at gmx.ch
Mon May 20 15:13:59 UTC 2019

Hi Frank

sorry I'm quite new to dnsdist :-)

I thought that a rule like this could work

> newServer({address='XX.YY.ZZ.ZZ:53', pool='remote'})
> addAction({"IP1", "IP2"}, PoolAction('remote'))

IP1 and IP2 are the IP addresses of the two authorative nameservers for
the zone in my tests. XX.YY.ZZ.ZZ is the IP of recursor B
I thought the rule above would send any dns paket that go to IP1 or IP2
via the other recursor.

But if I tcpdump on recursor B I cannot see the request pakets from
recursor A coming in.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks a lot

--