[Pdns-users] DNSSEC same key for all

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Mon May 20 09:34:18 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 10:56:33AM +0200, Bart Mortelmans wrote:
> If you're using MySQL backend, then I guess you could turn the cryptokeys
> table into a view that would return the same key for every domain name. But
> in general I think that would be bad practice and creating a new KEYSET for
> every domain name at the registry would be preferable.

So as a general note, running PowerDNS on MySQL views has uncovered
performance problems, memory leaks and bugs - most likely within MySQL.

So before attempting MySQL views for PowerDNS operations, please test really
well & know that if you report problems, the first thing we'll do is ask if
you can reproduce them using our unmodified schema.

We've not heard of problems when using PostgreSQL views. I just found out
that sqlite also has views, and we've also not heard problems about those.
But I'm unsure if anyone is doing that.

	Bert