[Pdns-users] HINFO "RFC8482" ""

Leo Vandewoestijne pdns at unicycle.net
Thu Mar 21 13:32:19 UTC 2019

Hi,

2 days ago PowerDNS 4.2.0 RC1 came out.
2 months ago RFC 8482 became effective.

Now first I looked at where I would need change code to just acomplish a 'HINFO "RFC8482" ""' reply.

So just a grep at "ANY" made me realize it's a whole lot of codebase that could be cleaned up
(in all the seperate backends). Could be nice, however -for the community- what's desired?

So, does ANY powerdns-user rather remove any ANY query from anywere? (less code),
or, would we rather have another config switch, and another if/else clause + actionroutine,
such as the version.bind query? (more code).

--

Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,

Leo Vandewoestijne