[Pdns-users] Question about PDNS SOA presentation.

Michael Van Der Beek michael.van at antlabs.com
Fri Mar 8 02:49:10 UTC 2019

Hi Peter,

That's interesting. My pdns.conf did not have default-soa-edit line.
Also didn't even know about that option. Don't have any domain specific soa meta configs in the mysql database.

Looking into the database I found.

MariaDB [powerdns]> select * from domainmetadata
    -> ;
+----+-----------+------------+-----------------+
| id | domain_id | kind       | CONTENT         |
+----+-----------+------------+-----------------+
|  1 |         1 | NSEC3PARAM | 1 0 1 ab        |
|  2 |         1 | SOA-EDIT   | INCREMENT-WEEKS |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Didn't setup the fields. Either it was when I signed the domain. No matter..
Setting the SOA-EDIT to "" I get back the correct values.

Thanks Peter!
Been scratching my head about this for a while.

Regards,

Michael