[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Recursor 4.2.0 Release Candidate 2

Gert van Dijk gertvdijk+pdns-users at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 15:02:11 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 12:14 PM Erik Winkels via Pdns-users <
pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com> wrote:

> [...]
> We just released PowerDNS Recursor 4.2.0 Release Candidate 2.
> [...]
> The tarball[2] (sig[3]) is available at downloads.powerdns.com and
> packages for CentOS 6 and 7, Debian Jessie, Stretch and Buster, Ubuntu
> Trusty, Xenial, Bionic and Cosmic are available from repo.powerdns.com.
>
> Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing
> list[4], or in case of a bug, via GitHub[5].

Congrats on the progress towards a release!

My first feedback is regarding Debian Buster support. You've mentioned in
this announcements the availability of
packages for Debian Buster on repo.powerdns.com. That's great! However, on
that page I only see *master*
builds for Debian Buster of both PowerDNS Recursor and Authoritative server
listed. It seems that builds for the
Recursor 4.2.x branch are actually published - I noticed this when walking
over the file listing of the web server
hosting the Debian repositories; 'buster-rec-42' [1], so perhaps it's just
a simple omission on the landing page?

Thanks!

[1]:
https://repo.powerdns.com/debian/dists/buster-rec-42/main/binary-amd64/Packages